Whitey's Mint Chipper Ice Cream Sandwich

Dearest Readers, I'm sure you all were incredibly devastated the last few weeks when Madeline and I weren't posting much because you wanted to know about all of the winter season flavors. Delightful peppermints, scrumptious holiday cookies, lovely hot cocoa flavors. Unfortunately, it was not only finals that kept you from reading about winter flavors. My HyVee hardly had any winter flavors stocked! Grants I'm sure I could have simply driven across town to one of the other HyVees and found plenty of winter goodness, but I'm lazy. However, there was one local Iowa winter treat on the shelves of my grocery store, the Whitey's Mint Chipper ice cream sandwich.



This treat is described as A delicious blend of Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream between two homemade chocolate cookies!



Starting out, the mint chocolate chip ice cream was pretty standard. It was strongly mint flavor, but distinctly mint extract, not leaf. However, I wasn't expecting anything different. The chips in the ice cream were hard, brittle, darker than I expected, and pretty big. The crunch they added to this treat was much needed.

The crunch of the chips was much needed because the chocolate cookies were quite soft. They were almost a cross between a cookie and a chocolate muffin. I wasn't totally digging the texture. They tasted great, sweet and chocolatey, but the didn't hold the treat together well and the muffin-ness meant they were not quite as moist as you might have wanted. I also really wanted there to be chocolate chips in the cookie. Even more crunch in the cookie would have changed the experience here.



All in all, Whitey's makes good ice cream, but not the best ice cream sandwiches in Iowa. I'll give this one šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd