Ben & Jerry's Confetti Cake

Look at me. I'm finally with it. Super hip. Up on all the new exclusive ice cream flavors. Just kidding. Madeline is the most hip ice cream cat around and found the new Ben & Jerry's Wal-Mart exclusive flavor before I even had it on my to-buy list. But to be honest, nobody in the ice cream world was too excited about Confetti Cake. Why? Just read on my friends.

This flavor is described as Vanilla Cake Batter Ice Cream with Sprinkles, Cake Pieces & Vanilla Frosting Swirls. 




Sound familiar? It should. This flavor is incredibly similar to the incredibly popular, limited-edition Ben & Jerry's flavor Cake My Day, which came out this past spring. Basically Confetti Cake is Cake My Day minus the raspberry swirl and plus sprinkles. Or a combination of Cake My Day and Cotton Candy, another Wal-Mart exclusive. Now if you recall, Madeline and I both loved Cake My Day. In fact I gave it 4/4 cones! (Madeline reviewed it before we had the cone system in place.) So I knew Confetti Cake had potential to be quite good.

Which it was. The vanilla cake batter base was great, just like in Cake My Day. Not too overwhelmingly sweet, with a lovely vanilla flavor. It also didn't taste artificial. The cake pieces were dense, moist, and chewy. The texture of the frosting swirl was great. It was rich and thick, like a good butter cream frosting. However, the flavor almost just blended in with the base, so there either wasn't a ton of it or I didn't notice it. The sprinkles, which there were a lot of, were fun and tasted a lot like the Ben & Jerry's flavor. They also added a bit of fun crunch. Overall, I liked this flavor. I would even say I really liked it. However, it didn't wow me. It didn't do anything Ben & Jerry's hasn't already done before. If I'd never had Cake My Day or Cotton Candy, my socks would have been knocked off. So I'll give this flavor 🍦🍦🍦/4 cones. It was good, and worth buying again, but nothing too exciting.


I may have been the cool cat who found Confetti Cake, but Lizzy is the super thorough cat that tells you everything you could every want to know about Confetti Cake!  Since Lizzy was so thorough, I'll try to keep my review short and sweet.

I think Ben and Jerry's does one of the best cake ice creams on the market.  I absolutely love their flavor Cake Batter which often ranks at the bottom of people's favorite B&J flavors lists.  Also, come at me, I'll fight you over how good Cake Batter is.  Confetti Cake was no different.  The cake ice cream was amazing and tasted exactly like vanilla cake.  The cake pieces were huge 2-biters, perfectly moist and cake-y.


I agree with Lizzy that if I hadn't tried Cake My Day or Cotton Candy I would have been blown away by this flavor.  Also, the sprinkles didn't seem quite like funfetti cake sprinkles too me; they were too grainy and too sugary.  I think if the sprinkles had been more like funfetti sprinkles this flavor would have distinguished itself from Cake My Day.

I'm giving it 🍦🍦.5/4 cones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd