Grand Lake Chocolates Espresso Chip Ice Cream

You heard about before backpacking ice cream, you heard about during backpacking ice cream, and now it is time for after.



Our last day of the trip we only had two hike 2 miles. We decided to get up on the early side so we could make it into town and have a nice brunch. There was an ice cream and candy shop right next door to where we got brunch. Although no one else got ice cream, Brett and I did. I must be converting him to my lifestyle.



At Grand Lake Chocolates, there were quite a few flavor offerings; probably around twenty. However, none of them were too outrageous. I decided to get a small Espresso Chip.




The base of this ice cream was a pretty standard coffee flavor. Not too strong, sweet, and creamy. As in any ice cream and candy shop combo, the chips in the flavor were quite tasty. They were small, but frequent. They were dark chocolate, but not overly bitter. They were softer and chewy, not brittle. Last, the texture of this ice cream was airy and light. I was definitely glad this was a lighter texture because for a small size, I was served a lot of ice cream.

Ugh, doesn't this ice cream look gorgeous in the mountain sun??


Although only Brett and I got ice cream, a couple others got candy and they seemed satisfied with what they got. As ice cream or chocolate is 100% necessary for hiking recovery, if you ever go for a hike in the Grand Lake area of Colorado, I strongly recommend Grand Lake Chocolates.

I think I need an ice cream cone like this in my house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd