Ben and Jerry's Wayne'Swirled

When I was waiting in the Denver airport to go back to St. Louis after my trip, my flight got delayed 2 hours. Luckily there is a Ben & Jerry's in the Denver airport, so I had something to do to pass the time.

Frequently, airport Ben & Jerry's don't have the most incredible flavor selection. The Denver airport Ben & Jerry's is no exception. However, they did have an SNL flavor I hadn't tried yet: Wayne'Swirled.

This ice cream is described as Dark caramel & vanilla ice creams with fudge & caramel swirls. 

I am slowly becoming a fan of Ben & Jerry's dark caramel base flavor. Although it is called dark caramel, the flavor is light. However, it isn't overly sweet or cloying and thank goodness it isn't salty. It's more of a grown up caramel base. It is also possible the vanilla base mixing with the dark caramel base is why the dark caramel base tasted light to me. There was more dark caramel base than vanilla base, and where there was vanilla base, it added a touch of extra sweetness.



The caramel swirl had the same flavor as the dark caramel base. It was on the thinner, liquidy side. Despite this, there was a lot of it. As for the fudge swirl, this is one of my favorite reasons to nitpick with regard to ice cream. Not many chocolate swirls out there in ice cream earn the right to call themselves fudge swirl. This swirl falls into that category. In flavor and consistency it is more similar to a chocolate sauce than a fudge sauce. In fact, it was just as thin and liquidy as the caramel swirl was. Granted, I thought it tasted great, but I want my ice cream descriptions to be specific.

Although it has been a long time since I have had Ben & Jerry's Vanilla Caramel Fudge, this flavor reminds me of a slightly more grown up version, due to the caramel base. In general, ice creams like these aren't my favorite (I like chunks or something more unique), I did enjoy this flavor. It was a great way to pass the time in the Denver airport.

If reading my description of this flavor wasn't enough to satisfy your Wayne's World cravings, hopefully these clips will help.

http://www.benjerry.com/whats-new/wayneswirled-snl-batch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd