Archer Farms Strawberry Blondie

Earlier this week I was at Target with my mom. I'm bumming around my parents' house right now until I move to Iowa City. Unless Madeline or I are around my parents don't have ice cream in the freezer. So while we were at Target, I put on my best two-year-old-who-wants-a-candy-bar-while-at-the-store voice and was like "Mahhmmmm will you buy me ice cream?"

Not actually. It basically went down like this. Mom: "Do you want to grab some ice cream while we are here?" Me: "Yes"
Thought I will say, I am not afraid to pull out my whiny two year old voice if I feel I might not get ice cream. Not sure if it would still work on my parents 21 years after it was relevant, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

In reality, Target doesn't have too many ice cream brands and I wanted to try something New and Different. So I decided to try Target's Archer Farms brand. They make super tasty trail mix, so what the heck, they might make good ice cream, too.



Most of the flavors they had were pretty standard, except the Strawberry Blondie. I don't think I've ever seen a strawberry blondie flavor in stores before and it sounded delicious.

The description of this ice cream is Strawberry ice cream with strawberries & blondie brownie pieces.



I'm gonna start with the description for this flavor. I realize I may be unreasonably picky about ice cream descriptions, but I guess I hold ice cream companies to a higher standard. I do not believe blondie is a flavor of brownie. Like, sure, you can have a mint brownie, or a caramel brownie, or whatever and we all understand this is a chocolate brownie with mint or caramel. A blondie is a separate dessert. Albeit a dessert inspired by brownies, it is different. But whatever.



The base of this ice cream was sweet. Definitely tasted like real strawberries, but also like they added a bunch of sugar. The base was also creamy in flavor; the strawberry flavor in it was not strong. The blondie pieces were small, none bigger than a quarter and not as frequent as I would have liked. They weren't too sweet and definitely had a bit of saltiness to them. The buttery element was stronger than the brown sugar element, but altogether they were not the most flavorful blondies I have ever had. However, blondies and strawberries are a match made in heaven. Oh my goodness I do not understand why this is not a more common or popular flavor combination. The biggest disappointment of this ice cream was the strawberry pieces. If you can call them that. They were teeny tiny and even more infrequent than the blondie pieces. They were regular frozen strawberries, but like somebody picked these strawberries well before they were ripe.



All in all this flavor is a great idea, but Archer Farms didn't execute it well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd