Happy Blog-versary to us!

We started this blog exactly one year ago! My how the time has flown by. I have eaten more ice cream this year than ever before in my life, and I think this year really helps prove the hypothesis that life gets better the more ice cream you eat. Even with the stresses of grad school and life, knowing not only that I could go home to a giant bowl of ice cream, but knowing that I was obligated to go home to a giant bowl of ice cream always made me happy.

To celebrate our first blog-versary, Lizzy had the great idea to publish a list of our top-ten most viewed posts.


10. Edy's Chocolate Malt Frozen Custard by Madeline
This wasn't my favorite flavor ever. I think it got a lot of views because frozen custard is a pretty new thing for the freezer section of the grocery store.



9. Edy's Peanut Butter Pie Frozen Custard by Madeline
I am really happy to see mainstream brands tackling frozen custard. We need to spread this amazingness outside the US to the rest of the world!



8. Sam's Choice Coffee and Donuts by Madeline
Ahhhh, I had forgotten all about this lovely little flavor. This is still a fairly unique and extremely delicious flavor.

I also forgot how hilarious the donut frosting looked.  Womp womp.
7. McDonald's Oreo McFlurry by Lizzy
Dearest Readers get it together. How did this post actually make it into our Top Ten?!?! Like all I can say about this is McDonald's didn't screw up Oreos and soft serve. Whoopdi-frickin-doo



6. Talenti Hazelnut by Madeline
I think this post has so many views because it was one of our first blog posts.  It was a good flavor, but was surpassed as my favorite Talenti flavor by the new Hazelnut Chocolate Chip.



5. Ted Drewes by Lizzy
Do I need to say anything about this? Probably not. Bananas and Reese's are really good together in the All Shook Up concrete. Also, at one point in this post I was ballsy enough to call Madeline and myself your favorite ice cream duo since Ben and Jerry's.



4. Haagen-Dazs Tres Leches Brigadeiro by Madeline
If we're still going with the siblings metaphor, Tres Leches Brigadeiro is the supermodel. This is definitely a candidate for ice cream of the year.



3. Haagen-Dazs Spiced Pecan by Madeline
I generally love the new Artisan Collection from Haagen-Dazs.  If the Artisan Collection flavors were siblings, Spiced Pecan would be the punk one with pink hair. It was a bit out there, but tasty.



2. Ices Plain and Fancy Campfire S'mores by Lizzy
Guys, smoke came out of my ice cream and it also tasted amazing.
Madeline: I just have to say something about this too. Guys, smoke came out of Lizzy's ice cream.



1. Blue Bell Old Fashioned Malt Shoppe by Lizzy
My first experience with Blue Bell was a popular one. You can't get much better than chocolate malt and shoppe spelled with two "p"s and an "e."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd