Talenti Hazelnut Chocolate Chip

The other day I went grocery shopping with Colin at the Coralville Wal-Mart. I'd never been over to that Wal-Mart before because it is quite far away from me, but it just around the corner from his apartment. I was hoping to find some of the new for 2017 flavors, and was disappointed. (Don't worry I found some the next couple of days at my own grocery store.) Instead, I found some Talenti flavors I've never tried that I've also never seen at any grocery store in Iowa City. Obviously, I snatched them up immediately.



This flavor is described as We loved our creamy, traditional, perfect hazelnut gelato so much that we had to give it some friends. And by friends, we mean tons of roasted hazelnuts and bits of rich chocolatey chips. Giving-isn't that what love is all about?



The Talenti flavor description writer is back at it again. I'm just imagining the plain hazelnut gelato being all sad and lonely without any friends. Chocolate chips and hazelnut chunks are some of my closest friends, that's for sure. And man, the hazelnut chunks and chocolate chips make this pint. There were tons of both of them, so every bite was full of texture and crunch. And the hazelnut chunks were huge, the smallest being half a hazelnut. Most chocolate and hazelnut flavors go way heavier on the the chocolate, and just have a hit of hazelnut. This flavor was the opposite and makes you appreciate how wonderful hazelnuts are. The chocolate was great, thought. The chips were all irregularly shaped, and dark, but pretty soft and creamy. They added some extra sweetness to the very nutty hazelnut. The base was amazing, and I was impressed that Talenti captured all the complexity of hazelnut in the base.



Folks, this a šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 coner!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd