Haagen-Dazs TRIO Triple Chocolate Ice Cream

When I first heard about the new Haagen-Dazs Trio flavors, I thought they sounded kind of gimmicky. The trio flavors are layers of two different ice cream flavors and crispy Belgian chocolate. But then one of my roommates got a pint before I did, and I asked her what she thought. She emphatically said it was good, so my expectations went up. There are three other Trio flavors, a salted caramel, coffee, and blackberry flavor. My HyVee had all but the blackberry, but just a classic triple chocolate sounded the most delicious the other day when I picked up this flavor.



The triple chocolate is described as Layers of crispy Belgian chocolate, white & milk chocolate ice cream.

Something weird happened in shipping I think.


My first impression of this flavor was not good. It must have melted and refrozen a bit somewhere along the line, so the top looked very weird. However, after that first layer this flavor was pure bliss. The milk chocolate ice cream was both super milk and super cocoa-y.



The white chocolate ice cream ways creamy and rounded out the milk chocolate flavor. The best parts were the crispy Belgian chocolate layers. If you heard about these pints and thought they would be gimmicky and silly like I thought, you would be wrong! The chocolate was so so so so so crispy. Like unbelievably crispy. The chocolate layers covered the whole container, edge to edge!



The chocolate was also rather bitter, which complemented the rest of the flavors in the container. It was so fun to crunch up the chocolate layers as you ate. I'm seriously in love with the Trio concept from Haagen-Dazs. Call me blasphemous, but I think I might like this concept better than B&J's core flavors!

Yes I eat ice cream in sweatpants in bed.


I'm giving this flavor šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦.5/4 cones. That extra half a cone is for the fun factor. And if Haagen-Dazs keeps it up, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a 4 coner in this line!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd