Edy's Limited Edition Hostess CupCakes

Hooray! It's the first new for 2017 flavor. For a while now I'll be bringing you lots of new for 2017 flavors as my HyVee just stocked the new Haagen-Dazs Trio flavors, which I'm soooo pumped about. I was feeling a bit ambivalent about these new Edy's/Hostess flavors, on the other hand. Hostess desserts are so bad, but so good and you don't really want to admit that you eat them as an adult. But new ice cream is new ice cream so lets see how this goes.



This flavor is described as Chocolate cake ice cream, chocolate cake pieces, and a frosting swirl. 



Given I had super low expectations for this ice cream, it wasn't too bad. The base had a hint of cake flavor to it, but it mostly tasted like chocolate. A strong, rich chocolate, but not very much cake flavor. The texture of the base, however, was lacking. There was a lot of air and it melted very quickly. It just did not stay frozen at all in my freezer. My freezer could be colder, but at the same time, all of the other ice creams I had in the freezer with this one were doing just fine. The frosting swirl was also quite wimpy. I could see little streaks of white, but I barely noticed any flavor or texture from it. The best part was the cake pieces. They really surprised me. They were super dense, moist and chewy. They had a very rich flavor as well. There weren't a ton of them, which would have been okay if the swirl was more prominent, but in general I was left wanting more mix-ins.

Sad and melty ice cream. Also I am the worst and this blurry picture is the worst. 


Overall, the cake pieces saved this one. It wasn't great, but it was a fun buy. I would be much more likely to buy it again if it came in a smaller container. šŸ¦.5/4 cones. If I had to chose between this ice cream and the cupcakes themselves, I think I'd chose the cupcakes.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd