Coconuts for Caramel Core

I keep reading the name of this flavor as coocoo for coconuts, which would be something completely different, albeit delicious. I've finally worked my way around to trying this flavor, which I was very excited about when it came out. I love coconut flakes in ice cream.



The description of this flavor is Caramel & Sweet Cream Coconut Ice Cream with Fudge Flakes & a Caramel Core.

Overall I really enjoyed this ice cream. I think it is my second ever core flavor after Boom Chocolatta Core. I wanted to say that first cause I have a few nit picky issues with it, and I didn't want it to sound like I didn't like the flavor. First, is a good comment. I loved the sweet cream coconut ice cream. It had a perfect balance of sweet and nutty flavors. It was also filled with coconut flakes, which are just the perfect texture in ice cream. However, the fudge flakes were also in the coconut ice cream, but not in the caramel. So there was a whole lot of texture on one side, and none on the other!  I enjoy symmetry, and this bothered me. Also it made the caramel ice cream plus caramel core combo too caramel-y. The caramel base was not too strong, but with the core, it packed a caramel punch. The core was ahhmazing. It was thick and had a hint of salt. The fudge flakes were perfectly crunchy, but rich, a hint sweet, and a hint bitter. The bitter elements helped balance the sweet base. Sweet with a bit of bitter and bit of salt, yum yum.



This was a great flavor even though it did not satisfy my desire for symmetry. I would definitely buy this flavor again. 🍦🍦🍦/4 cones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd