Ben and Jerry's Oat of This Swirld

Dearest readers, I've had some sort of super-virus. I was really sick for two weeks about a month ago, felt pretty much better for two weeks, and now I'm sick again with what feels like the exact same cold+fatigue thing. So apologies, I've had this post written for a few weeks, but I'm just now getting around to publishing it.

Oatmeal Cookie Chunk was a popular Ben and Jerry's ice cream with somewhat of a cult following that got sent to the flavor graveyard in 2012. Oatmeal Cookie Chunk was sweet cream cinnamon ice cream with chunks of oatmeal cookies and fudge.  This sounds pretty darn close to the description of Oat of This Swirld: buttery brown sugar ice cream with fudge flakes and oatmeal cinnamon cookie swirls.


 Unfortunately, Oatmeal Cookie Chunk left this world for the next before I really got into ice cream, so I know I've tried it, but I don't really remember it; however I was pretty disappointed by Oat of this Swirled, and it seems to be the consensus that Oat of this Swirled doesn't hold a candle to Oatmeal Cookie Chunk.


The first bite of this ice cream held some promise. The base tasted had a buttery cinnamon flavor reminiscent of cinnamon sugar toast.  Unfortunately, the flavor faded as I ate more of the ice cream, ending with sort of a cinnamon-tinged sweet cream flavor.

I really enjoy the combination of dark chocolate and cinnamon (try Gelato Petrini Cinnamon Espresso Chip if you're also a fan) so I was pumped that Ben and Jerry's included their signature fudge flakes - giant, dark chocolate fudge chunks.


The oatmeal cookie swirl added a cinnamon flavor but not much else. If you're going to include 'oat' in the name of the ice cream, I think the oats should really stand out. The swirl was fairly thin, didn't really taste like oatmeal, and didn't have any large oat or oatmeal cookie chunks.

I'm giving this šŸ¦šŸ¦(2)/4 cones. The flavors weren't strong enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd