Haagen-Dazs Destination Series Vanilla Tangerine Shortbread

Dearest Readers, I know you are probably tired of reading all of these posts about flavors that were new to 2016, but don't worry, I've got some new for 2017 flavors coming at you in a few days! So just bear with me while I finish a few more blog posts about some older flavors.



This Haagen-Dazs Destination Series flavor takes us to UK for tea time. The flavor is described as Collaborating with the artisans at Rare Bird Preserves, we swirl creamy vanilla ice cream with ribbons of sweet-tart tangerine curd and buttery shortbread cookie for an especially delightful treat reminiscent of tea time in the UK. 



First comment, shortbread is sooooo underrated. Or this was just very good short bread. It was super moist and sweet. The pieces were medium sized and just melted/crumbled in your mouth. There weren't a ton of them, but that made them extra special when you got one. Definitely my favorite part of this flavor. The most prominent flavor here was the vanilla. Haagen-Dazs does strong vanilla base. My biggest complaint about this flavor was the lack of tangerine curd. I did not get very much of it, but when I did it was pretty tasty. It was more sweet than tart. I was hoping for some tart to really stand in contrast with the vanilla base. Maybe even if the swirl was just thicker that would have been accomplished.




Overall, the shortbread was the star of the show, when it really should have been the curd. I'm giving this flavor šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones. I wouldn't but it again, but the shortbread was it's redemption.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd