Izzy's Ice Cream

Madeline and I just went HAM with ice cream this week. Thursday we went to Izzy's Ice Cream. They are known for their crazy flavors. They have so many, including a cereal milk flavor which I need to try. Unfortunately they didn't have that flavor the day we went. Izzy's is also known for their "Izzy scoop." Basically the Izzy scoop is a little baby scoop you can add to your ice cream for just a little bit more. I think this is a really cool concept. I always want to try as many flavors as possible but sometimes you don't want to eat enough ice cream to try a zillion flavors.
We met my friend Bea there, who is from Minneapolis and just got back to the states after studying abroad, it was really nice to see her!
This is Bea's cone. She got lemon buttermilk and salted caramel and loved them both!


I sampled the Thai Iced Tea flavor they had as a "mystery flavor". Not really sure what they meant by mystery flavor but whatevs. The flavor is also not listed on the website. I mostly tried it because it was a really bright orangish pink color. After having the little sample spoon, I thought it was really great. I got that flavor as my big scoop and a classic, M&M as my Izzy scoop. I wasn't sure if those two flavors would work together, but I really just wanted to get a more classic flavor so I went for it.



First, I'll talk about the M&M flavor, in order to save the best for last. It was pretty standard, a vanilla base with chunks of M&M. I would have enjoyed bigger and/or more M&M chunks. However, the ice cream was still really good. They some how managed to get the vanilla base was sort of infused with the taste of candy coating of M&M's, in addition to the fun swirly colors. I was pretty impressed that they managed to do that.

The Thai Iced Tea was amazeballs! It tasted like refreshing, fruity iced tea! And it was really sweet, creamy and decadent. Other than strawberry, sometimes I feel like fruit flavors can't pull off tasting super decadent and fruity. Seriously, this flavor was so decadent and refreshing, two things that I didn't think could go together in one flavor. Wow. And it definitely tasted good with the chocolate of the M&M because it was so sweet. Get to Izzy's right now before they take this flavor away. Hopefully they will make it again!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd