Klondike Krunch

I'm so close to trying all of the Klondike bar flavors! I have S'Mores and Cookie Dough in my freezer, and I only have to hunt down Double Chocolate, Rocky Road, and Neapolitan to finish off all 14 varieties!

Before doing research for this post, I was conflating Hershey's Krackel Bars and Nestle's Crunch Bars into one candy bar called a Krunch bar, but in fact Klondike's Krunch bar is their own version of crisped rice in milk chocolate.



This is basically an Original Klondike Bar with an added bit of crunch. There's not too much else to say. As with Original, the vanilla ice cream leaves a bit to be desired, but the chocolate shell has the nice, complex toffee undertones that really make Klondike bars special.

The addition of the puffed rice takes a bit away from the flavor of the shell, but the subtle crunch is a nice addition and helps the shell not crack so drastically. Also, I thought it added a slight salty touch.

I'll give these 🍦🍦/4

I had a really hard time deciding where to rank these. I'm pretty evenly split between Krunch, Original, and Dark but I think I'll go with:

1. Caramel Pretzel
2. HEATH
3. Brownie Fudge Swirl
4. Original
5. Krunch
6. Dark
7. OREO
8. Reese's
9. Mint Chocolate Chip

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd