Haagen-Dazs Decadent Collection: Honey Salted Caramel Almond (NEW!)

Along with a trio of new TRIO flavors, Haagen-Dazs introduced the Decadent Collection consisting of Honey Salted Caramel Almond, Banana Peanut Butter Chip, and Midnight Cookies and Cream.

Haagen-Dazs says this about Honey Salted Caramel Almond:

This decadent blend of honey ice cream, swirls of salted caramel, and crunchy toasted almonds was lovingly crafted to raise awareness for the honeybees and other pollinators who bring us so many of our favorite ingredients.



This ice cream speaks to the deepest levels of my soul. I tend to enjoy slightly weird or unique flavors, but I like them to be done well. Well-balanced, rich, flavorful. Also, some of my favorite flavors - not flavors of anything in particular - include ginger, honey, lemon, and cinnamon. All are criminally underused as ice cream base flavors, so I was ecstatic to see Haagen-Dazs tackling a honey base.


The honey flavor is so rich. The strong, sweet dairy base is the perfect canvas for a honey flavor that's darker and more complex than your standard clover-honey-from-a-plastic-bear honey. The honey flavor remains strong from the first bite to the last.

The salted caramel swirls are similar in texture to the base and serve more to enhance and support the flavor of honey rather than act as a distinct flavor element. When you get a bit of caramel swirl you get a lovely mixture of the floral elements of the honey and the salty, buttery goodness of the caramel swirl.


The almonds are nearly the perfect finishing touch. I wish they were slightly smaller and more frequent, but taste-wise they were impeccable. They were very lightly roasted so you get the slightly chewy texture and lighter amaretto flavor of raw almonds with a hint of the deeper flavor roasting imparts.

I'm going to rate this šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦/4. I suspect that if I re-scooped this pint I might only rate it 3.5 cones, but this I really enjoyed this flavor and it reminded me of why I love to hunt down and try new ice creams, which I think makes it a 4-coner!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd