Magnum Double Cherry Truffle (NEW!)

I was surprised when I saw a new Magnum flavor, Double Cherry Truffle, on freezer shelves as I didn't hear about it at all on social media, and their Double Hazelnut and Double Cookies & Cream were a lot more hyped last year.

Double Cherry Truffle is Cherry ice cream with a dark chocolate ganache swirl dipped in a chocolatey coating, luscious cherry sauce, and milk chocolate.


The first few bites of the Double Cherry Truffle were absolutely divine. A strong, tart and sweet cherry sauce offsets a warm, rich dark chocolate shell. Unfortunately, about half way through the bar, I ran into the typical problem I have with Magnum bars: the chocolate flavor inevitably overwhelms the ice cream and sauce.


Magnum's whole schtick is that they use Belgian chocolate for a superior chocolate shell, and I agree. The shell is superior. I really like Magnum's shells, especially for what is essentially a mass-market brand. The remaining elements of the Magnum bars need to come up to the level of the shell. A more strongly-flavored cherry ice cream would augment the cherry dipping sauce and allow the cherry flavor to remain strong.

I'm rating this 🍦🍦.5/4. The first bite is great, but the last few bites are less stellar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd