New Barn Ginger Snap Cookie AlmondCreme

Wheeee, November is nearly half-way over and I've barely posted any reviews! Grad school ate my liiiiffffeeee! I recently discovered New Barn AlmondCreme, an almond milk-based frozen dessert.  I tried Cereal and Almond Milk and wasn't too impressed, but absolutely loved Sunflower Butter.  I decided I would try Ginger Snap Cookie next because ginger is the best and ginger snaps are especially the best.  New Barn describes Ginger Snap Cookie as

Our friends at the amazing Rubicon Bakery in Richmond, CA bake us the most delicious gingersnap cookies which are then crumbled and swirled into each carton. If you're a fan of cookies, we've got you covered.


Ginger Snap Cookie was basically a plain almond base with gingersnap cookies mixed in. Individually, each element was great, but that didn't quite translate into a great combination.

I really like the flavor of New Barn's almond milk base. It has the natural sweetness of almonds, but isn't overly sweet.  It has a strong flavor, but I imagine it would also work as a chocolate base or strawberry base. (Imagine sweet cream ice cream compared to chocolate ice cream.)

Shamelessly stole this from New Barn's website because I took almost zero pics!

The gingersnap cookies from Rubicon Bakery were a.maz.ing.  They were soft without melting into the base and perfectly spicy.  Ginger and molasses were the most prominent flavors, but I also picked up hints of cinnamon and something a lot spicier.  I thought I remembered looking at the ingredient list and seeing chili powder or cayenne pepper, but I didn't take a picture of the back of the pint, the ingredients aren't listed on Rubicon's website, and it's not listed in the ingredients on New Barn's website.  This probably means there isn't chili powder in the cookies, BUT I SWEAR I SAW IT.  Either way, the cookies were delightfully spicy.

Unfortunately, the base flavor overpowered the flavor of the cookies.  If the base were more heavily spiced or flavored this wouldn't have been an issue.

I give Ginger Snap Cookie šŸ¦šŸ¦.5/4 cones because of the base/mix-in matching issues.  I hope New Barn continues to work on and tweak their flavors, because I think their AlmondCreme line definitely has promise to be a big player on the non-dairy scene!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd