New Barn Almond Creme Cereal and Almond Milk

During my last trip to Whole Foods I spotted New Barn Almond Creme ice cream, a new-to-me brand of almond-milk based non-dairy frozen dessert!

While I was checking out the cashier gushed about how much she liked New Barn almond milk and was excited to try their new ice cream which in turn made me super excited to try it!

Here's the flavor blurb for Cereal and Almond Milk, one of two flavors I purchased:

As kids, we loved to slurp the milk at the bottom of the bowl of cereal. It was always the best part. Our Cereal and Almond Milk transports you back to that moment, only this time it's frozen and incredibly delicious. Sounds crazy, tastes amazing!



Sooooooooo, I read the description of this and felt a little misled. When I was a kid I definitely liked to slurp the milk at the bottom of the cereal bowl, but really only with sweet 'kid' cereals, so I thought the 'cereal' part of cereal and milk would be something ridiculous like Froot Loops, but was, in fact, malt cereal.

Because of this, I was a little bit disappointed the first time I tried it, but by my third bowl the flavor had grown on me.


On my first bite I could definitely taste the almond milk. The almond flavor faded a tiny bit, but not too much, as this is a cereal and almond milk flavor after all.  Some almond milk ice creams have an unpleasantly slick texture and there was a little bit of going on here, but not too bad.  I think having more mix-ins would have helped.

The malt cereal consisted of small bits of malted barley cereal well-mixed into the base (see the picture below). They had a nice, delicate sweetness and just a tiny bit of crunch.

I think this flavor would have benefitted from one more element - I'm thinking some sort of swirl? As it was, it was good but a little one note.

I'll give this šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones, but stay tuned for a review of another New Barn flavor that blew me out of the water!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd