Thelma's Treats Banana Peanut Butter

Dang, there is nobody else in the ice cream sandwich game right now doing what Thelma's is doing. They have so many interesting flavors I have yet to try, and I keep stumbling upon new ones. For those of you who don't remember, Thelma's is a Des Moines based cookie company that also makes ice cream sandwiches. They are expanding pretty rapidly around the Midwest, so if they aren't in stores near you yet, they may be soon. (Also pro-tip, if you live near a HyVee, check them out because they do a good job of stocking Iowa brands.) The last Thelma's flavor I tried was a Cayenne Chocolate Chip and it was bomb.

Also, yeah banana keeps making its way into my freezer lately. Here we go again.



These treats featured peanut butter cookies and banana ice cream. he aspect about these sandwiches that stood out the most was the saltiness of the cookies. They were very peanut-y and salty, which I thought was amazing. They were also incredibly moist and chewy, which is standard for Thelma's. And while they're moist, they manage to not fall apart when you eat the sandwich. The salty cookies also balanced out the sweet banana flavor. The banana ice cream was rather simple and sweet. It bordered on fake banana flavoring, but it wasn't overpowering, it was rather light compared to the cookie. I rather enjoyed the banana ice cream, especially paired with the strong, salty cookie. Banana and peanut butter is a great combo, and you really can't go wrong.



Overall, fake-ish banana flavor isn't terrible when it isn't heavy handed. Also Thelma's can do no wrong.  🍦🍦.5/4 cones!

PS I think I'm gonna get over myself and just admit that I like banana ice creams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd