Blue Bunny Red Velvet Cupcake

I tried my first of the revamped Blue Bunny flavors not long ago. I was impressed and decided to try some more. It is also that time of the semester where I don't have a ton of time to commit to blogging, so I bought a big container of Blue Bunny I could work on for a while before getting around to a review. As a lover of red velvet cake who is frequently disappointed with red velvet ice cream, I knew I had to buy the Blue Bunny Red Velvet Cupcake.



This flavor is described as Red velvet ice cream, cream cheese flavored ice cream, red velvet cake pieces.

So first, why is this ice cream called Red Velvet Cupcake and not just Red Velvet Cake? I think if I had the answer to that question I would have a lot less anxiety in my life.



Regardless of the name, this was good ice cream. The red velvet ice cream was definitely stronger than the cream cheese ice cream. It was a very rich cake flavor. My major complaint with other red velvet flavor is that the cream cheese takes the center stage. The cream cheese was there, but it added to the cake flavor, just like frosting does to cake. The cream cheese ice cream, however, could have been a bit tangier. The cake pieces were also quite good. They were very dense, and in my mind, good red velvet cake is some of the densest cake there is. The pieces were also relatively moist, but at the same time a bit too hard and chewy. That was their one down fall. The pieces were also on the small side, probably just smaller than a dime. There weren't a ton. I had some bites where I didn't get any, but others where I got two.

That's one of the cake pieces in there.


All in all, I really enjoyed this ice cream and I'm loving the Blue Bunny revamp. This is definitely one of the better red velvet ice creams out on the market! So as a lover of Red Velvet, I'll give this šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd