Talenti Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip

Dearest Readers, I apologize for being super MIA as of late. My life and computer exploded right at about the same time and I have not been able to write any posts. Luckily a friend of mine is lending me his old computer, so now I'll be doing some major catching up on the blog front.

A while ago, this pint caught my eye in the store because of its beautiful color. I also think Talenti's strongest flavors are their simple ones, so I was excited to try this pint.



This flavor is described as Just like a beloved heroine in your favorite novel, this gelato is tart and sweet. We combine farm-fresh black raspberries with bits of rich, dark chocolate, and fold it all into creamy gelato.




I'm not entirely sure why, but this flavor reminded me of raspberry yogurt. It was more sweet than tart in my opinion and the flavor of the milk came through relatively strongly. I would have appreciated a fruitier more tart flavor, like a fruit and cream flavor as opposed to sweet yogurt. However, the sweet base was complimented nicely by the dark chocolate chips. They were bitter, but not brittle. Normally I'm a fan of bigger chunks, but these small chips let the base flavor take center stage. The chips just nicely added a little hint of cocoa flavor and crunch in each bite. The small chips also allowed me to truly appreciate the texture of Talent's gelato. This pint was smooth, creamy, and slick, just like amazing classic Talenti.



Overall, this flavor didn't wow me. It was solid, but I wanted a tarter base. šŸ¦šŸ¦.5/4 cones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd