Haagen-Dazs Toasted Sesame Brittle

So this past spring a bunch of ice cream companies released a bunch of new flavors, including the Destination Series from Haagen-Dazs. At the time I was working through a bunch of free ice cream I'd gotten and just became too overwhelmed to really try to tackle many of those new flavors. Now I'm still feeling a bit overwhelmed about all the flavors I haven't tried, but better late than never!



This flavor is described as In this Asian-inspired recipe, we collaborated with the small batch artisans at Morning Glory Confections and blended toasted sesame ice cream with the delightful crunch of honey cardamom sesame brittle pieces. The result is a uniquely delicate indulgence with a sweet, clean, and perfectly balanced flavor. 



Thank goodness somebody finally made a sesame ice cream flavor. Sesame brittle is one of my favorite kinds of brittle. Maybe. I actually really like brittle of all kinds. But for real, Haagen-Dazs is really adding something interesting to the ice cream world. The base of this flavor just tasted lightly of sesame. Underneath the taste of the sesame you could also taste the flavor of the cream, which I really enjoyed.



The sesame brittle pieces were also amazing. The honey made them just a bit sweet. The cardamom took the brittle to the next level. Cardamom is such an interesting flavor. It is simultaneously fruity, spicy, and savory. My only complaint is the brittle wasn't exactly brittle. There was a lot of liquidy, syrupy stuff. Within the syrupy stuff there were some small, yummy, gritty chunks of brittle, but not many. From talking to Madeline, I think my pint was unique with how much liquid and how little brittle there was.



All in all, this was a great pint. The flavor profile was well executed, even if the mix-ins were a bit lacking. Because I love sesame and the flavors were sooo good šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦.5/4 stars!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd