Haagen-Dazs Cappuccino Gelato

I REALLY do not eat enough Haagen-Dazs gelato company.  I tend to write them off because, well, I think of them as an ice cream company and not a gelato company.  Every time I try a new Haagen-Dazs gelato I kick myself for not eating it more often.

The latest flavor I have for you, dearest reader, is Cappuccino.  This is described on the Haagen-Dazs website as

Bold and complex, our cappuccino gelato beautifully blends cappuccino and sweet cream gelato.



The addition of sweet cream gelato is nothing short of inspired.  Wowzer.  This is what coffee ice cream/gelato has been missing it's whole life, and I love coffee ice cream!

The first bite of gelato is a wallop coffee and sweet, sweet cream.  The sweet cream gelato is intensely sweet, but delicate enough that it's not overwhelmingly sugary.  The cappuccino/coffee gelato is rich and smooth giving some much needed body to the flavor.


I'm sure either Lizzy or I have described 'kid coffee' on the blog before, but I'll explain it again because it's hilarious.  When Lizzy and I were little our parents would give us this concoction made up of about 1 part coffee 1 part milk and 1 part sugar.  WHY WOULD YOU GIVE CAFFEINE AND SUGAR TO HYPERACTIVE CHILDREN, ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE YOUR OWN LIFE MISERABLE?  Ohhhhh, I just can't believe it.

The moral of the story is that this gelato tasted like grown-up kid coffee.



As an extra bonus, the sweet cream and coffee gelatos were beautifully swirled together evoking the milky coffee swirls of latte art.  You can't go wrong with a visually pleasing dessert that also does amazing things to your taste buds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd