Klondike Reese's

You guys. Grad school is, like, really hard. I've been on an unplanned hiatus the last month and a half or so because I've been working on preparing for my preliminary oral exams which has taken up literally all of my time and brain space. BUT, I passed yesterday, so I now officially have a Master's Degree in math and I'm officially a doctoral candidate. Yay! And even more exciting, I have time to blog again.  I'm jumping straight back in to my series of Klondike reviews with their Reese's bar, described as

Rich Reese's peanut butter cup chunks mixed into smooth Reese's flavored ice cream - all wrapped in our thick chocolatey coating. 



Ya'll. It should be impossible to fuck up a peanut butter and chocolate combo. IMPOSSIBLE. And yet .... and yet .... and yet Klondike almost managed it. Maybe I was just expecting too much, but these bars were so bland and tasteless. The peanut butter ice cream was just barely peanut butter flavored, and I swear there were no chunks of anything, let alone chunks of Reese's peanut butter cups mixed in. In one bar out of my package of six I found a weird smear of peanut butter, but it didn't taste any stronger than the base.



Despite the ice cream being so bland, the typically standout chocolate shell did not stand out at all. I didn't catch any of the toffee vibes I normally get from Klondike shells, leaving it just a boring crunch of sub-par milk chocolate.

I'm only rating this 🍦.5/4. Admittedly, this is a spite rating, but, REALLY, peanut butter and chocolate should be much better than Klondike Reese's manages.

Ratings
1. HEATH
2. Brownie Fudge Swirl
3. Original
4. Dark Chocolate
5. Oreo
6. Reese's
7. Mint Chocolate Chip

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd