Edy's Pumpkin Spice Latte

It seems like every year I get SO HYPED about new ice creams flavors and then I wait ... and wait ... and wait for them to hit shelves in the Midwest. It's mid-February for goodness sakes! So, instead of new flavors, I have a fall limited edition, Edy's Pumpkin Spice Latte. This flavor is coffee light ice cream swirled with pumpkin light ice cream.


Honestly, I was not excited for this flavor (which is why I didn't pick it up in the fall). Edy's light ice creams have a tendency to be terrible, and this flavor sounded like it had the potential to be very bland.

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by this flavor. It was a legitimately good ice cream. It was thick, creamy, and smooth which is rare for a light ice cream. The coffee and pumpkin ice creams were very similar in color, but were tightly swirled together so you always got some of both in each bite. The prominent flavor was the spices, particularly the cloves, and the coffee added a nice, milky finishing touch. This really did capture the interplay of coffee, milk, and spice of a PSL for me.


While I enjoyed this flavor, I thought adding another element would have really made it pop. Maybe a fudge swirl or espresso chips to add a little oomph.

I give this 🍦🍦.5/4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd