Ben & Jerry's Target Exclusive: Keep Caramel and Cookie On

So far in 2018, this is the most confusing flavor I've encountered. It took me like a really long time to realize the name, Keep Caramel and Cookie On, was an homage to the British WWII poster, "keep calm and carry on." But even once I realized that, I was still confused. Why do we need a Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor dedicated to this poster?? Reading the description of the flavor was no more enlightening.



This flavor is described as Caramel malt ice cream with shortbread cookies, fudge flakes & caramel swirls. 

Yeah, none of this makes sense. Maybe shortbread cookies are kind of a British thing? But also not really? And none of these components seem like they'll go together. 



But I was wrong. Woah, this is the flavor I didn't know I needed. I know I'm behind the times and this has been out for a while, but woah. The base was a mild caramel flavor, but a strong malt flavor. And like, why don't we see malt in more ice cream flavors? I love malt. The short bread cookies were soooo soft, without being soggy and really work well with the malt ice cream. They were pretty big chunks of cookie, and there weren't as many chunks are there are in some other B&J's flavors, but I was satisfied. There wasn't a ton of caramel swirl, but it added a much needed sweetness to the cookies and malt flavors. It also had a seriously perfect texture. About as viscous as you can get while still being a gooey. The fudge flakes were smaller that the ones B&J's use in a lot of their pints, but they added necessary crunch and bitterness. 

There are two shortbread cookies in this spoonful. They are difficult to see because both the color and texture blends in with the base.


This flavor definitely surprised me. It was well rounded, sophisticated, and delicious. Definitely the flavor I didn't know I needed and unlike anything else on the market right now. šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd