Talenti Roman Raspberry Sorbetto

I came to the realization a while ago that I have not reviewed a sorbet yet on this blog. I'm not the biggest sorbet fan, but I am a fan of finding decent dairy-free alternatives to ice cream, and sorbet is not a bad choice for that purpose. As you know I have also been trying to become a more organized person, and Talenti containers are the way I am trying to do that. I'd also never tried any Talenti sorbet and heard really good things about it, so the Talenti Roman Raspberry was an obvious choice at HyVee the other weekend.



The first thing that struck me about this sorbet is that the first ingredient of it is raspberries. I have definitely seen sorbets where the first ingredient is water or sugar.



This was reflected in the taste. This sorbet tasted exactly like raspberries. Sometime raspberry sorbets can taste like a tarter version of real raspberries, which is not something I love. There was a bit of tartness that was just like real raspberries and a bit of tart/sourness that came from the lemon in this sorbet. I really liked this subtle touch. This sorbet wasn't super tart, but it wasn't overly sweet either.




What impressed me the most was the texture. This sorbet was solid. Not that it was hard, but you had to work a bit to get your scoop through. It was still smooth and not too icy.



It also did not melt quickly which was so clutch. I do not like melty sorbet. Melty sorbet is just watery and unappetizing. I have had Haagen Dazs Raspberry sorbet a long time ago and I remember it melting really quickly and getting watery. For this alone, I would recommend Talenti over Haagen Dazs and that lack of overly tartness really just took this flavor to the next level.


Comments

  1. Eating right now. enjoying it. Raspberry is favorite fruit. Tracie Lambert fonville

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd