Sonny's Cantaloupe Lime Sorbet

This was another of the three pints I picked up a couple weeks ago from the Seward Coop.  I picked this one up because Cantaloupe Lime is not a very common flavor.  Also lime sorbet is one of the most awesome flavors of sorbet.

Sonny's Ice Cream (and sorbet!) is made here in Minneapolis at Crema Cafe.  Supposedly their ice cream is pretty good.  I'll have to make it a point to go check it out one day.



This sorbet was a bit disappointing.  If you are calling something cantaloupe lime the predominant flavor should be cantaloupe.  Unfortunately the cantaloupe flavor took a major back seat to the lime in this pint.  This didn't make it taste bad; as I said, lime sorbet is awesome, it's just not what I was expecting.  The cantaloupe served to mellow out the lime flavor making it not too acidic or harsh.  Maybe if it had been called lime (cantaloupe) sorbet I would have been happier.



The color was quite pleasing.  It was a just-barely-not-white orange with small chunks of cantaloupe throughout.  This is made with real cantaloupe, and I get the sense that Sonny's is a pretty small brand (they probably scoop the pints in the store and bring them over to the coop), so maybe this flavor would be better earlier in the summer when cantaloupes are in season.

All in all, this wasn't bad, I just wanted more cantaloupe flavor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd