Ben and Jerry's Candy Bar Pie: A Romance in One Act

Oh Ben and Jerry's, why must you release such delicious limited edition batches?  You put out a limited edition ice cream flavor.  I fall head-over-heels-hopelessly in love.  I know better.  I tell myself, 'not this time.' I try to remind myself of all the heartache and pain that comes when a flavor is gone forever.  And yet here I am again.  Candy Bar Pie, I love you, please be mine forever.



Here is the description of Candy Bar Pie, may you read it and exalt in its glory:

It's the best of your all-time favorite candy bars - peanut buttery, fudge chunky, chocolate nougatty stuff - all together in one outrageously tasty creation, with sweet & salty pretzel swirls to make it even tastier.  It's also a Limited Batch, so seize the flavor while you can.

This is "Peanut Butter ice cream with fudge flakes, chocolate nougat, and sweet and salty pretzel swirls." My first thought on reading this description was, "How in the heck do you make a pretzel swirl and why don't you just put in pretzel chunks."  I was a bit skeptical of this aspect of the ice cream, but my first bite showed me just how wrong I was and just how right pretzel swirl is.  I don't know how they do it, but Ben and Jerry's has liquefied the pretzel and injected into Candy Bar Pie ice cream.  It's a swirl.  But it tastes just like a pretzel.  Mind.  Blown.  The pretzel swirl was incredibly thick and swirled throughout the entire pint.

Swirly swirly swirl!

The peanut butter base was stellar.  It was sweet and salty just like the peanut butter you would find inside a candy bar.  The fudge flakes were more like chunks than flakes and were quite abundant.  I didn't notice the chocolate nougat so much, I think it was overwhelmed by the stronger flavors, but I didn't feel that this detracted from the ice cream at all.  I certainly wasn't lamenting the lack of chocolate nougat flavor.

The thing I remember about this ice cream, the thing that sticks in my mind, it how salty it was.  Ugh, it was so good.  It was salty in the amazingly dessert-y way that Payday and Baby Ruth candy bars are salty.



This pint was so amazing.  I will definitely be picking up Candy Bar Pie again before it leaves store shelves forever.  *sniff*

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd