Ciao Bella Caffe Macchiatto

I really want to try the ice cream brand Jeni’s.  They have sooooo many awesome sounding flavors.  The closest place to me that sells the brand is the Seward Co-op.  One day after class a couple weeks ago, I biked over to the co-op after school planning to pick up a couple flavors of Jeni’s.  Instead I ended up walking out with three pints of frozen dessert, none of which were Jeni’s.  The Jeni’s was $9.99 for a single pint and the only flavor they had was dark chocolate.  I’m willing to drop that much money on a pint of ice cream, but it better be an absolutely mind-blowing flavor.

One of the pints I did pick up was a new-to-me brand Ciao Bella Caffe Macchiato gelato.  I like that this gelato came in a plastic container with a screw on lid.  Hello new tupperware!



This was a pretty good coffee gelato.  It was darker in color than most coffee ice cream or gelato, and I think that they used espresso beans rather than coffee beans.  There were little flecks of espresso bean throughout the ice cream.

See the espresso bean pieces!

This tasted exactly like a Coffee Frappuccino from Starbucks.  I normally try to frequent smaller, locally-owned coffee shops, but when there is a Starbucks two buildings over from where you work sometimes it is hard to resist.


The texture was good, smooth and soft and chewy like you want your gelato to be.  I had this one morning with a dark roast coffee poured over the top.  It was simply splendid.  Someday I want someone to make a true coffee ice cream or gelato.  Not coffee that’s been cream-and-sugared up, but a straight black coffee ice cream.

Compared to other gelato brands I've tried this was better than Haagen-Dazs and Target brand, but not as good as Talenti.  I do want to try more flavors from this brand as they have some sorbetto flavors (hello Pear Hibiscus and Blackberry Cabernet!) that I really want to try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd