Haagen-Dazs Cappuccino Gelato

It must be unofficial coffee ice cream month here at Big Muddy. Not long ago I reviewed Ben and Jerry's Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz and Madeline not long ago reviewed Ciao Bella Caffe Macchiatto. Though I have to say I was not intending to buy lots of coffee ice cream when I bought this. I really just bought it because the art on the pint really stuck out to me in the store. I really love the black packaging of Haagen-Dazs gelato. And I thought the little coffee cup on it was really cute!

If B&J's Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz is a New Yorker downing an espresso while racing to the subway, this cappuccino gelato is an Italian relaxing in a cafe, leisurely enjoying a cappuccino (at least in flavor).



I'll give the long description printed on this pint, because I think it does a very good job of capturing this ice cream: "Meet Haagen-Dazs ice cream's Italian cousin, gelato. Bold and complex, Haagen-Dazs Cappuccino gelato beautifully blends cappuccino and sweet cream gelato, creating an exceptionally smooth indulgence that's light on your palate, Haagen-Dazs gelato. Your passport to Italy is just a spoonful away."

When I opened this pint up I was amazed. Just like the packaging, this ice cream is beautiful. The colors are amazing and the swirl is visually impressive.

Yes that is my toe. Yes I am eating this ice cream straight out of the container in my bed. Haters gonna hate.


On it's own, the cappuccino gelato is actually a pretty strong coffee flavor and the sweet cream on it's own very delicate and lovely. They are swirled together really nicely. With each bite you get a different combination of the two, which is really fun. The texture is the one part of the ice cream that you could say is lacking. It is really smooth and creamy, which pairs really nicely with the smooth and creaminess of the flavor; however, I wouldn't really say the texture is very gelato-like. It is more just like a softer, smoother, creamier ice cream or a cross between ice cream and gelato. They just shouldn't have called it gelato and this would be a perfect treat. Texture wise, as Madeline points out in her review of the Ciao Bella Caffe Macciatto gelato, there are better gelatos on the market. Other than that, this is an amazing ice cream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd