Thelma's Treats Peanut Butter with Banana Ice Cream

I was wrong when I thought I couldn't find more to love about Thelma's Treats. Most ice cream sandwiches list a serving size as half of an ice cream sandwich, but realistically, who decides to eat half of an ice cream sandwich and save the rest for another day? No one.  Thelma's Treats decides to just go for it and list one whole sandwich as the serving size. Honesty. I like that.



Thelma's was originally a cookie company, and it shows in the quality of their cookies. I think they make THE BEST cookies for ice cream sandwiches I've ever tried. They're soft enough so they don't crumble or break when you bite into them, which is absolutely critical for an ice cream sandwich, but they're substantial enough that they don't soak up too much ice cream and turn mushy. The peanut butter cookies are strongly flavored but not overwhelming. A nice buttery/floury flavor comes through (think a chocolate chip cookie) to balance the peanut butter.


Unfortunately the banana ice cream was not up to the standards set by the peanut butter cookie. It wasn't bad, it was just very, very strongly flavored; so strong that it overpowered the flavor of the cookie. Additionally, it was a fairly artificial banana flavor; imagine a banana runt in ice cream form. A more subdued, authentic banana ice cream would work better with the peanut butter cookies.


I'm giving this šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones, a pretty low rating for a Thelma's ice cream sandwich. (I'm sorry Thelma's I still love you!!!!!!!!)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd