Dark Chocolate Klondike Bar

Klondike really missed an opportunity to do a 'What wouldn't you do for a Klondike bar?' advertising campaign. Swim the English channel? Run a marathon? Eat 300 snails?

The Dark Chocolate Klondike Bar is luscious vanilla ice cream surrounded by an irresistible dark chocolatey coating. No, no, it's not what we call the Original bar at nighttime - this bar is its dark chocolate doppelgänger. Take a bite and scream, "Cacoa!!"




 The vanilla ice cream is the same as the Original bar - light and fluffy and adds more sweetness to the flavor profile than actual vanilla flavor. This works for the Klondike bar - a heavy vanilla flavor would compete with the chocolate coating, the best element of a Klondike Bar.


The dark chocolate coating was noticeably darker than the original, but not so dark it was bitter. It had a softer, fudgier texture than the chocolate coating of the Original Bar. If I tried the Dark Chocolate bar first, I would probably be raving about the chocolate coating, and it's arguably better quality chocolate than the Original bar, but it was missing that woody/coffee element of the original bar.

Didn't realize I left a fingerprint on it. Plz don't steal my identity.

I think I'll rate the Dark Chocolate Klondike Bar 🍦🍦.5/4 (the same as the original). One goal I have with this series is to rank all of the flavors against each other. It's a really tough decision, as both the Dark Chocolate and Original have their unique qualities, but if someone held a gun to my head, I think I would choose the Original over the Dark Chocolate. If Klondike bars had less ice cream and more chocolate, I think the dark chocolate bar might win over the original.

Here's the original so you can see that the Dark Chocolate chocolate is really darker.

Rating so far:
1. Original
2. Dark Chocolate

Comments

  1. How 'bout a post 6 yrs after the last one! I WAS a dark choc Klondike Bar LOVER and had quit buying other brands b/c they didn't compare, for me. Their milk choc was much to sweet for me, so that knocked out ALL of the other flavors,, too, since they were covered in milk choc. Can't find the Dark Choc ANYWHERE anymore. What gives.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd