Blue Bunny Toffee Brownie Twist

I haven't really been keeping track of or hunting down the new Blue Bunny flavors, so I was pleasantly surprised to find Toffee Brownie Twist, toffee ice cream, caramel fudge swirl, brownie chunks, toffee pieces, at my local Wal-Mart.


I was pretty excited to see Blue Bunny attempt a toffee base as well as toffee mix-ins, and also the toffee/brownie combo which is not often done. The base initially tastes very buttery with a hint of that unique toffee taste. Side note, it is super hard to describe how things taste. Toffee just tastes like toffee, duh! As I ate more of the ice cream, the toffee flavor of the base faded and was overwhelmed by the brownie and toffee mix-ins.


The brownies were large, dense, and moist. They could have been a touch fudgier, but no big complaints. The toffee pieces were also large and added a delightful crunch. I feel like toffee is either great or disgusting. All good toffee tastes pretty much the same, and all bad toffee tastes equally nasty. (If there are toffee aficionados reading, please correct me if I'm way off base!) Luckily, this was good toffee, with no burnt or bitter taste.


The brownie and toffee mix-ins were both quite good, but the chunks were so big that I only got one type of mix-in at a time. This made it feel like two different ice creams in one, rather than a single toffee/brownie ice cream.

I'll give this flavor 🍦🍦.5/4 cones. Each element was good, and I like the idea of toffee brownie ice cream, but I wish the toffee and brownie elements were more well-blended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd