Sweet Me Creamy Dark Chocolate Mint

I think Sweet Me is a new brand to this blog, but I've actually tried some before. I had a pint, and then completely forgot to write about it, and by the time I remembered I couldn't recall what I wanted to say about the flavor. In any case, Sweet Me has finally made it to Big Muddy with their Dark Chocolate Mint, creamy dark chocolate mint ice cream swirled with pieces of chocolatey shavings.



I really, really love mint (Moroccan mint tea is actually the best thing in the world), which makes me pretty particular about mint ice cream. The mint flavoring can't be mint extract, that's gross, and the real mint can't be over-steeped or over-cooked because that is perhaps more disgusting. I didn't actually look at the ingredients, and they're not listed on the website, but Dark Chocolate Mint certainly didn't taste like it was flavored with mint extract.


The chocolate ice cream was a deep, rich, dark chocolate. Although Sweet Me is premium ice cream, this chocolate base is better than the chocolate bases from several super premium brands who shall remain nameless. I also really liked the choice to use a chocolate mint base instead of using mint chips or other mint mix-ins. The ice cream was a tad icy, but it was stored near the front of my freezer, so that's probably user error. Once the ice cream warmed up a bit, the texture was great; thick, creamy, and smooth.


The chocolatey shavings were also perfect. They gave a nice crunchy texture to the base, but not so crunchy that it was distracting. They also intensified the already dark chocolate base. I might even say the chocolate was a little too strong because it drowned out the mint a bit, but I think it's more an issue of needing a stronger mint flavor rather than a weaker chocolate flavor.

I'll give this šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones. It needed more mint, but the chocolate was great, and I'm excited to try more flavors from Sweet Me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd