Haagen-Dazs TRIO Salted Caramel Chocolate

Look at me go! I am moving through these Trio flavors. I've already tried the two flavors of this line that sounded the best to me, the triple chocolate and the coffee. I've picked up all of these flavors at the North Dodge HyVee. I'm not sure why, but this caramel flavor didn't sound like it would be all that delicious to me. I think the orange-ish-gold color on the label of this flavor looks really strange to me and that's what made me kind of turned off to the idea of this flavor. But this is all very silly, so here we go.

Does anyone else think this packaging looks weird?


This flavor is described as Layers of crispy Belgian chocolate, salted caramel & chocolate ice cream.



When I first opened the pint I was greeted by a vibrant color that matched the color on the label. I was torn by being super enticed by the almost bright color of the caramel ice cream and slightly put off. But when I dug in, the caramel flavor was not nearly as dark, complex, or intense as I thought it might be. It was a pretty middle of the pack caramel in terms of intensity. Which doesn't mean it is bad, it just wasn't strong. I felt that chocolate was definitely the dominant player here. Both the chocolate ice cream and the crispy chocolate were very milky. I thought the intense milky-ness overpowered the caramel. You are more than welcome to disagree with me if you wish, but I think caramel should always go with dark chocolate.



And an opinion from guest writer Colin Lord: "yummy"

All in all I'm going to give this one šŸ¦šŸ¦.5/4 cones!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd