Haagen-Dazs TRIO Coffee Vanilla Chocolate

Can I just say that it kind of bothers me that there are four flavors in the Trio line? Like three wouldn't actually be enough flavors, but then it would be all threes! After having a great experience with my first Trio flavor, Triple Chocolate, I was very excited to try another one. The coffee one sounded the next most appetizing after the Triple Chocolate, so I grabbed some last time I was at the store.



This flavor is described as Layers of crispy Belgian chocolate, coffee & vanilla ice cream.

Just like the first Trio flavor I tried, this one got a little bit icy on the top, but it was fine further down.


So first impression, the Belgian chocolate in this flavor didn't seem as bitter as in the other flavor I had. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing on it's own, but there was overall, not enough bitterness in this flavor. The coffee ice cream was overall very mild. It was more like a medium or light roast flavor than a dark roast, and definitely had a lot of cream and milk. The vanilla ice cream also didn't have the strongest vanilla flavor. I would have enjoyed this flavor a lot more if the coffee or chocolate had been more bitter. However, the fun factor was still there as the layers of Belgian chocolate were super crispy.



It's a good flavor for the line, but I think the triple chocolate is my current favorite. 🍦🍦/4 cones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd