Haagen-Dazs Destination Series Belgian Chocolate

A year late and a dollar short, but I did it! I have finally tried all of the Haagen-Dazs Destination Series flavors just in time for them to be taken off the shelves. I honestly hope that's soon, because I want my grocery store to make room for the new Haagen-Dazs flavors. Like Espresso Chocolate Cookie Crumble? Get in my face. 



This flavor, on the other hand, obviously takes us to Belgium and is described as Our Belgian chocolate combines, rich velvety chocolate ice cream with finely shaved Belgian chocolate for a uniquely textured experience. 



With this flavor, HD took simplicity, and mastered it. The base was somehow more chocolatey than other chocolate ice creams. It was an incredibly dense/intense flavor. It wasn't dark at all, in fact, it was very milky, but still very rich. The texture was also very smooth. It was almost gelato-like. The shavings of Belgian chocolate took the whole experience up a notch. They were like little punches of darker Belgian chocolate flavor. They weren't crispy, though. Rather, they were soft and smooth, but they still added great texture. Chocolate lovers, (which is everyone right?) you need this flavor. I would also suggest pairing this flavor with some fresh, ripe strawberries. Mmmmmm. 

I'm going to agree with Madeline on this rating and give this flavor a 🍦🍦🍦/4 cones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd