Ben and Jerry's Target Exclusive Keep Caramel and Cookie On

Dearest readers! Finally new-for-2017 Ben and Jerry's flavor that is actually good! It seems like B&J's was going for a more sophisticated flavor profile with their much-hyped new releases Oat of This Swirls and Urban Bourbon, but neither of these flavors really did it for me. Keep Caramel and Cookie On is a new Target exclusive, caramel malt ice cream with with shortbread cookies, fudge flakes, and caramel swirls. Most importantly, it is a new Ben and Jerry's release that I actually like!


The caramel malt ice cream was superb. I like Ben and Jerry's normal caramel base, but it's so light in flavor that it's often drowned out by strongly-flavored mix-ins. The addition of malt gave the caramel base more punch, and made it the star of the flavor. I don't think I've ever had a caramel malt base before, and I definitely approve. It tasted like a slightly less sweet version of Honey Smacks cereal. The caramel swirl gave a nice pop of pure caramel sweetness to the more complex flavor of the base.


I don't know why Ben and Jerry's has been so obsessed with these damn fudge chunks lately. It seems like all of their new flavors have the fudge chunks, including the flavors in the new Pint Slices. They're good, they work well in this flavor, but I'd like to see one new flavor that doesn't use them.

The shortbread cookie pieces were large and frequent, but spongier than I was expecting. I was hoping for something crumbly and buttery, but I think the cookies absorbed moisture from the base.


I'm giving this šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones. This feels backwards for Ben and Jerry's - the base was great but there was room for improvement in the mix-ins.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd