Ben and Jerry's Blueberry Vanilla Graham Greek Frozen Yogurt

I was incredibly impressed by the maturity of B&J's Vanilla Honey Caramel, the first flavor of their Greek Frozen Yogurt I had tried, and I was equally delighted by the Blueberry Vanilla Graham Flavor.



This frozen yogurt is described as

Blueberry and vanilla Greek frozen yogurts with a Graham Cracker Swirl.

Confession: I discovered Greek yogurt and am never going back to the thin watery nonsense that tries to masquerade as yogurt.  In fact the thicker and tarter the yogurt is, the more I enjoy it.  I would eat Icelandic skyr - which is to Greek yogurt as Greek yogurt is to regular yogurt - if it was easier to get and less expensive.

So of course what really stands out to me about B&J's Greek Frozen Yogurts is how they let their yogurt stand out.  Too many other frozen yogurt brands over-sweeten their product and mask the delicious tartness of the yogurt.  Not only does Ben and Jerry's accentuate the yogurt flavor, they use Greek yogurt, even more creamy and tart than regular yogurt!



The first flavor I noticed when I ate this ice cream was the blueberry flavor.  It tastes like ... a blueberry!  Or maybe like a blueberry compote.  But whatever, the point is that it tasted like blueberries, not like blueberry flavoring.  I'm not sure what word I'm looking for here, but blueberries have a sweet taste as well as an acidic? sour? tart? taste, and this also came through in the blueberry greek yogurt.

The graham swirl was thick and abundant.  There was so much graham it was almost in every bite, giving the frozen yogurt a slightly soft and grainy texture throughout which I thoroughly enjoyed.



I'm definitely more of an ice cream fan than I am a frozen yogurt fan.  Frozen yogurt definitely has its place in my life, I often get it as a pre-ballet snack, but given the choice, 9 times out of 10 I would pick ice cream.  This is the 1 time out of 10.  I would be hard-pressed to pass this flavor over.  I can't wait to try more flavors from Ben and Jerry's Greek Frozen Yogurt Line.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd