Kemp's Pumpkin Pie (seasonal flavor)

Where the heck are all of the seasonal pumpkin flavors this year?  I know they're out there.  I know Ben and Jerry’s made a Pumpkin Cheesecake flavor and Talenti made a Pumpkin Pie flavor, but they NEVR showed up at my local grocery store.  I mean COME ON.  I did, however, find Kemp’s Pumpkin Pie, a limited edition seasonal flavor.

This was described as

Pumpkin Ice cream swirled with real crust pieces.



This ice cream was pretty good.  I didn’t realize until I got home that it was reduced fat.  (Ewwwwww!)  Normally I wouldn’t buy something reduced fat, but this wasn’t that bad.  The texture wasn’t as un-creamy as reduced-fat ice cream sometimes is.  Honestly, if I didn’t know it was reduced fat before I tried it I probably wouldn’t have guess.d

I could tell it was pumpkin flavored, which is more than I can say for some pumpkin ice creams that lean too heavily on the ‘spice’ part of pumpkin-spice.  As far as the spices went, I think there was a bit too much ginger and not enough cinnamon and nutmeg.

The crust pieces were good, but were all square shaped and kind of small.  The perfect crust pieces are totally irregular like someone baked a pie crust and then smushed it into ice cream.  Aside from the shape, the crust pieces were pretty good.  They were flaky and yummy!

Did I eat this ice cream with homemade pumpkin bread? Yes.  Was it awesome? Yes.  Was this pumpkin bread made with a real pumpkin? Yes. Am I awesome? Yes.


Overall, like most Kemp’s ice cream I’ve tried, this was good, but nothing to write home about.  The one thing I am grateful for is that somebody made a seasonal pumpkin flavor I could get my hands on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd