Kemp's Black Raspberry Swirl

I'm aliiiiiive! I feel like I haven't posted in SO long.  Part of that is because I don't have internet at home, but I should get that sometime this month (fingers crossed!)  Time to rejoin the 21st century!

Today I have a review of another Kemp's flavor (and there's yet another to come!), Black Raspberry Swirl.



The first thing that hit me when I opened this carton was the color of the ice cream.  It was an insanely bright and vibrant purple.  This flavor is described as

Black Raspberry flavored ice cream and vanilla ice cream with chocolate chunks.

The short story is that this ice cream is good, but not great, but good for the price.  I probably won't buy it again, but if I was on an ice cream budget (I pity the poor soul who is) I would probably turn consistently to Kemp's.

Kemp's ice cream gives the most beautiful scoops ever.

The vanilla ice cream was good, but not earth shattering.  The black raspberry ice cream tasted like raspberries, but maybe not specifically like black raspberries.  The chocolate chunks were surprisingly good.  They were dark chocolate rather than milk chocolate and were the perfectly slightly melty texture.  They were only in the vanilla ice cream, and I wish they had been in the black raspberry ice cream as well.



The first few bowls of this I had I kept thinking, "This is good, but it reminds me of something, and I just can't think of WHAT."  Finally I realized what it was! It reminds me of the Ben & Jerry's Core flavor That's My Jam, which is chocolate and raspberry ice creams with fudge chips and a raspberry core.  So you can see why the Kemp's reminded me of the Ben and Jerry's.

Comments

  1. I'm not an ice cream person, but when I found this flavor, OMG it's fantastic. Love love love. Can't find it by me anymore. I used to buy like 4 cartons at a time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd