Kemp's Maple Nut Ice Cream

My grocery store FINALLY got some seasonal/limited edition items.  When I went yesterday to check out the freezer section and saw that they had B&J's Candy Bar Pie and Haagen-Dazs delicious, amazing holiday flavor Peppermint Bark.  I obviously picked up a pint of this and the review will be coming soon.  But, they have sucked super hard at getting any pumpkin/fall flavored things.  I mean COME ON!  Kyle thinks they'll get some in November, but I, the eternal pessimist, doubt they will get any in at all ever.

Anyway, on to the review.  If you don't live in the upper Midwest, you may as well move along because you can't get Kemp's ice cream.  HA.



A few weeks ago I picked up a couple Kemp's flavors, one of which was Maple Nut.  I picked this up because I thought it was a seasonal flavor, but it's not!  It's awesome that you can get this year-round. This flavor comes in a 56oz size in a square cardboard carton.  If you are a maple syrup purist move along because this ice cream was not made with real maple syrup.  If you're open to trying something with fake maple syrup, please continue reading.

This is the most beautiful scoop of ice cream I have ever scooped in my entire life.

Despite not being made with real maple syrup, the flavor of this ice cream straddled the line between real maple syrup taste and the taste of that horrid stuff in the clear plastic bottles.  It clearly wasn't flavored with real syrup, but didn't taste totally awful either.

The texture of this ice cream was ah-maz-ing.  I got the most perfect-looking ice cream scoop I've ever gotten.  The nuts were in small pieces, but scattered generously throughout the ice cream.  The flavor was about 2/3 maple and 1/3 pecan.

Would this have been better if it was made with real maple syrup? Yes.  Did I still enjoy it? Yes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd