Breyers Blasts Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

Alright guys, dearest readers, my first review of Breyers. Breyers is like super classic ice cream brand. It's not luxury, but it's not cheapo. It's that kind of ice cream you would buy if you have 2.5 children and a white picket fence, but you don't have enough money to send your 2.5 kids to a private school. In addition, Breyers isn't too popular in the ice cream blogging world. However, Breyers has been around since 1866, so I don't feel comfortable without going into the ice cream with an open mind. Maybe they've been doing something right to keep themselves open that long. Also Reese's. Can you really mess up ice cream with Reese's in it??



This product is described as Peanut Butter Light Ice Cream with Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Pieces and a Fudge Swirl. Ooookay so strike number 1, light ice cream. Yeahhhh if I wanted to eat something "light" I could have had some lame yogurt or something. Like why do you think I am buying ice cream filled with candy?! You could tell the "lightness" in the texture. I honestly think the best way to describe this ice cream is flimsy. My spoon destroyed, no devastated, this ice cream while I scooped it.



Strike number 2 for this ice cream was the fudge swirl. As Madeline discussed in a recent post, many ice cream companies don't seem to know the difference between a fudge and chocolate swirl. This was definitely a chocolate swirl. And, guys, a chocolate swirls isn't lesser than a fudge swirl, they are just different! But I just want you to tell me the truth. This chocolate swirl was also pretty good. However, it was so thin through out 90% of the ice cream that you could hardly taste it.



Strike number 3 was the Reese's cups. Not that they were bad, because that is obviously impossible, but they were few and far between to be honest with you. But you do really forget how much better Reese's are than other peanut butter cups until you have some Reese's. Its the peanut butter. So distinct and amazing. The flavor of the peanut butter was actually pretty good and tasted more like Reese's peanut butter than normal peanut butter I think.

Look at that Reese's goodness. 

Overall, you let me down Breyers.  I was pulling for you, I really was.  I did enjoy the ice cream because chocolate and peanut butter. But I would not buy this again. However, I will be buying Breyers again because they make Girl Scout Cookie Blast ice creams.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd