Thelma's Treats S'Mores

It one kind of fun to write reviews of products you really enjoy and an entirely different kind of fun to pan terrible products, but it is exactly zero kinds of fun to write a review of a product you didn't particularly like made by a brand you adore. I'M SORRY BB.


Thelma's Treats has a new ice cream sandwich with one chocolate chip cookie, one double chocolate chip cookie and some strange marshmallow/graham ice cream. Thelma's was originally a cookie company, and their ice cream sandwiches use their cookies and Anderson Erickson ice cream. I thought the double dark chocolate cookie would outshine the regular chocolate chip cookie, but the combo actually worked quite well. The double chocolate cookie give this treat a ridiculous richness which was balanced by the lighter buttery/caramelized flavor of the the regular chocolate chip cookie. I cannot fault Thelma's at all for cookie execution.


Unfortunately, the ice cream failed to live up to the cookies. Literally any of the ice cream flavors from Thelma's other treats - chocolate, vanilla, banana, strawberry - would have been better than whatever this was. I could tell it was going for marshmallow, but it was such an overwhelmingly fake marshmallow flavor that it threw off the whole vibe. I kept thinking the flavor would mellow out as I ate more of the sandwich, but it was in-your-face marshmallow the entire time.



I rate this šŸ¦šŸ¦/4. I would eat this if someone handed it to me, but next time I'm in the freezer section I will reach for a different Thelma's Treat.

šŸ¦ - You couldn't pay me to eat this again
šŸ¦šŸ¦ - I would eat this again, but not buy it
šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦ - I would buy this again
šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦- I need this in my apocalypse bunker 

Comments

  1. Thanks for writing such a good article, I stumbled onto your blog and read a few post. I like your style of writing... best ice cream scoop

    ReplyDelete

  2. Khushboo Ice Cream is one of the TOP 10 Ice Cream Manufacturers in India. The company is equipped with skilled and trained professionals who works dedicatedly to provide the customers with the best possible products. The main Features of the product is to maintain high quality, resistance to moisture, stops crackness and to improve the shapes etc. If you are looking for Ice Cream Manufacturers, then look no further and connect with Khushboo for the same.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd