Museum of Ice Cream Piñata

The blog is not dead! Just my computer. My poor, old computer, that I bought in 2012, was felled by a drop of water several weeks ago, and I have finally acquired a new one.

In Big Muddy Ice Cream Blog style, I will begin my first post back with a complaint. I do not like the Museum of Ice Cream (MOIC). It's not a museum. It's a building full of Instagram backdrops aka an 'experience-first brand' as they themselves claim. I'm not against the content of the MOIC, but for fuck's sake don't call yourself a museum. Museums are for learning and wonder and awe. They have a dot org website extension.

I'm skeptical of the quality of a product produced by an 'experience-first' company, but I grabbed two flavors of the new Museum of Ice Cream pints available at Target. Not gonna lie, the containers are super cute, and that was 90% of the reason I bought them.


Piñata is Vanilla ice cream with iced animal cookies, frosted cupcake bits, fizzy cotton candies, and rainbow sprinkles.

Things looked bad from the moment I picked up a pint. The pint felt light. Just go to Target and hold a MOIC pint in one hand and a Haagen-Dazs pint in the other. You'll notice the difference. Lighter means more air and generally lower quality.


Things didn't improve when I dug in. The vanilla base was yellow. Just why? Vanilla is not yellow, there is no need to add yellow coloring. Also, the base basically had no flavor. It was sort of generically sweet, but didn't have any nice round dairy or warm vanilla elements that a good vanilla ice cream has.


With such a shoddy base, it was totally up to the mix-ins to salvage this pint, and they kinda-sorta did. Iced animal cookie categorically cannot be bad, and the chunks here were big enough that you got the full flavor of the cookie. Also there were enough pieces that I got one approximately every other bite. I noticed what I thought were supposed to be the cotton candies, but they really weren't prevalent at all. I didn't notice any cupcake bits. The rainbow sprinkles added some fun color.

I rate this 🍦/4: You couldn't pay me to eat this again. Mainly on principle.

🍦 - You couldn't pay me to eat this again
🍦🍦 - I would eat this again, but not buy it
🍦🍦🍦 - I would buy this again
🍦🍦🍦🍦- I need this in my apocalypse bunker

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing your honest review of the Museum of Ice Cream pint, BigMuddyIceCreamBlog. We value transparency and quality in our products, which is why we take pride in offering premium dairy ice cream made with natural ingredients. We invite you to explore our selection of delicious flavors at https://www.essentialnaturaloils.com/pages/dairy-ice-cream.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd