Market Pantry (Target) Unicorn Magic

Fun things are fun and I'm a total sucker for fun things that are fun! I didn't actually buy a Unicorn Frappuccino when Starbucks introduced them last year because the baristas at the Starbucks close to me on campus always seem slightly overwhelmed, so I generally try to avoid adding to their mounting panic. However, as soon as Target released their new Unicorn Magic flavor which is CLEARLY inspired by the Starbucks Unicorn Frap I was on the lookout for it. I FINALLY found it.

Unicorn Magic is Pink fruity ice cream with a sour blue raspberry swirl, frosting swirl, and glitter candy bits.


I love how the description just calls the base 'pink fruity ice cream.' Seriously, which fruits though?! I think there was probably some cherry in there as well as some floral notes because taking a whiff of it reminded me of sampling the Bath and Bodyworks Cherry Blossom lotion at the mall as a tween. Do people still go to malls? It was THE cool thing to do when I was in middle school. I actually quite enjoyed the base flavor, but the ice cream was not very dense and the flavor was not very strong so it faded after the first few bites.


I was initially skeptical about a sour blue raspberry swirl. I don't think I've ever had an ice cream with a sour component before. Of course lemons are sour and I've had lemon ice cream and lemon bar ice cream, but while lemons are sour, lemon ice cream is not. Sour and dairy are generally not two things you often think pair well together. Mmmmmmm, sour milk. I was pleasantly surprised by how well this mix-in worked. It had the blue raspberry flavor and tartness of a blue jolly rancher and the gritty sweet/sour-ness of Sour Skittles or Sour Patch Kids candy (perhaps a little sweeter and less sour). The swirl was well distributed throughout the pint and I got a perfect amount in each serving.

The frosting swirl and candies didn't do too much for me. Honestly, I couldn't taste the frosting swirl at all. The candies added some texture but didn't have much of a flavor.

Overall I rate this šŸ¦.5/4 cones. Despite the low rating, I did have a lot of fun with this flavor. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd