Sonny's Gingerroot Sorbet

In celebration of the recent ice cream run which started at Sonny's Cafe, I picked up a pint of Sonny's Gingerroot Sorbet.  Ginger is one of my favorite flavors of all times, but I don't often see it translated into ice cream or sorbet.  If it is, it is often mixed in with another flavor rather than the star of the show.  Needless to say, I was very excited by this flavor but also a bit worried that it wouldn't live up to my expectations.  I needn't have worried because after only a single bite I decided this was one of my favorite sorbets of all time.  I mean SHUT THE FRONT DOOR, this flavor is unbelievable.


Everything about this concoction was total perfection.  The texture was not at all icy, but also wasn't creamy; which would have been inappropriate for a ginger flavor.  It felt hydrating and refreshing, and enhanced the flavor rather than distracting from it.  There was also a really nice bubbly sensation that made even the melted sorbet enjoyable to consume.



Obviously spiciness is an element of ginger and it's hard for me to imagine separating the spiciness of ginger from the flavor of ginger, but Sonny's seems to have done it masterfully.  The ginger flavor was unbelievably pure, intense, and strong.  A spice level to match the flavor intensity would have been overwhelming, but Sonny's really nailed the spiciness; it hovered just below 'burning' level.


I love, love, love how Sonny's was able to intensify the ginger flavor without overdoing the spice level, and this makes the sorbet an easy 🍦🍦🍦🍦/4 cones for me.  I plan to head to Tim and Tom's this week in order to pick up a few pints to keep in reserve and I'm going to be so sad if they're sold out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd