Coolhaus Dirty Mint Chip

Hi, my name is Madeline and I'm a mint snob. I just really love mint, and you can piss right off if you make a crummy mint product. Mint tea? It better be stuffed with fresh mint leaves not some speckles of dried mint leaf in a tea bag. Mojito? There better be mint all up in there, not just one lonely sprig as a garnish. Mint ice cream? It BETTER not be flavored with mint extract. I BETTER see pieces of real mint leaves.

Coolhaus Dirty Mint Chip is my holy grail of mint ice cream. I first tried this ice cream as part of the Mintimalism ice cream sandwich and knew I had to get my hands on a pint of the stuff. Thanks to Fresh Thyme Farmer's Market I found a pint!!!!! This flavor is fresh mint leaf ice cream, brown sugar, dark chocolate chips.


This is the best mint ice cream ever.  The sweet cream base is light, delicate, and milky which lets the mint shine through. And, oh my goodness, THE MINT. Coolhaus certainly did not skimp on mint leaves. You can see the bits of mint mixed into every square millimeter of ice cream. Also, they still tasted exactly like fresh mint. Sometimes fresh mint in ice cream has a boiled or over-steeped taste, but Coolhaus totally avoids this.


I've complained in the past about Coolhaus' small mix-ins, but they were perfect here. I would describe the dark chocolate chips as flecks of chocolate. They were tiny, but well distributed throughout the pint. Because of this, they blended with the mint and added a bit of depth to the flavor.


I give Dirty Mint Chip šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦/4. If I was allowed to give it 5 cones, I would!

šŸ¦ - You couldn't pay me to eat this again
šŸ¦šŸ¦ - I would eat this again, but not buy it
šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦ - I would buy this again
šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦- I need this in my apocalypse bunker

Comments

  1. Ibaco offers exciting toppings for you to choose from and add to your delicious ice creams

    ReplyDelete
  2. creamery near me
    ice cream
    ice cream places near me
    liquid nitrogen ice cream
    ice cream places
    ice cream places
    World Best subzero ice cream
    icecream near me
    ice cream near me open now
    ice cream place
    ice cream shop near me
    subzero ice cream

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd