Klondike Oreo

I've got some fall and winter flavor reviews, as well as some fun Minneapolis exclusive flavor reviews in the works, but for now I'm steadily making my way through all 14 Klondike Bar flavors. Oreo is the fourth flavor I've tried described as Under a blanket of milk chocolately coating and OREO cookie crumbles, you'll find a satisfyingly delicious slab of vanilla ice cream blended with OREO cookie pieces.


I think everyone in the world, except my mother, who hates Oreos, would agree that adding Oreos to any dessert makes it infinitely better. Therefore, I was expecting that Oreo would be one of, if not the best Klondike bar flavor, but it's actually my least favorite of the four I've tried so far.  Somehow the addition of Oreo to both the shell and ice cream made the bar very bland.


The shell by itself was decent. The Oreo crumbles were very fine, giving the shell a pleasant gritty, crumby (not crummy!) texture. Also, the complex milk chocolate of the standard Klondike shelled played well with the dried chocolate of the Oreo cookie.


The high ice cream-to-shell ratio was what really killed this bar for me. The vanilla ice cream was very bland, and the Oreos weren't prevalent or chunky enough to fully combat this. Because there was so much ice cream it totally drowned the flavor of the shell.

I'm only rating Klondike Oreo bars 🍦.5/4. My ranking so far is

1. Brownie Fudge Swirl
2. Original
3. Dark Chocolate
4. Oreo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd